Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

TB
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 8310Camera Disable

Is there a way to disable the camera on the Blackberry 8310 such that it requires at least a few nondescript keystrokes to activate again?  I sometimes have to enter restricted areas where cameras are generally not permitted.  Just looking to temporarily disable.  Unless of course the back up would be to completely disable it.

Thank you

TB

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Curve 8310Camera Disable

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I cannot find a way to disable or delete the camera, which from the design point of view makes sense.

Because of your job, it's either temporarily disable the camera or have no camera.

If we move you to a lower OS. You will not have a camera.

What version of device OS are your running.

OPTION STATUS ABOUT the os will look like 4.x.x.xxx

Please let me know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

usually the camera is set up to activate using a soft key (for example the right one). You can assign something else to that key (I have assigned "Lock keyboard", so that you don't by mistake take a picture. Or you can install the "Blackberry Annoy" application that disables the sound when you take a picture.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
TB
New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will give that a try as a first shot.  Much appreciated.
TB
New Contributor

Thank you.  I am so new to this message board it took me a bit to figure out.

OS is V4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30)

I appreciate your answer, but am hesitant about downgrade to a lower software package.  I think I should try the key change first and see if that will be acceptable in some locations.  Also thinking of covering up the camera as a temporary fix.

Thank you all.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello again,

if you feel like putting a cache on your camera lens, you can do that in a very elegant way.
Instead of putting something ON the back of the Blackberry, you can simply remove the back cover and stick something on the inside part.

=> it's prettier
=> won't be removed easily if you let yout Blackberry in a bag or in a pocket full of thinks like keys.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: