Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 8320 OS Update from T-Mobile HELP!!!

I just tried to install an update from T-Mobile via RIM's Desktop Manager, and during the installation, the USB cable was bumped, and the phone disconnected from my computer. The computer no longer reads the phone. The Blackberry has an image on the screen, it seems to be depicting no OS installed with the number: 543 under the image. The phone is on that screen, unless the battery is pulled. Can somebody please help me?!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Blackberry Curve 8320 OS Update from T-Mobile HELP!!!

Just run through the application load again, it doesn't matter if it states connected at the bottom of the desktop manager - it will state usb-pin when running thru the app loader.

Cheers

Contributor

I tried to reinstall the update, but after waiting ten minutes on the 'connecting device' pane, it asks to try again to find the device, or cancel.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Try doing the application load with the battery out.  It will error out and give a message similar to "unable to connect to device during a multi-stage load operation".  Once you get the error, put the battery back in and try the application load again.

Cheers

Contributor

That worked for me. Thanks for the help.
My Device: Not Specified

I just got the curve and noticed it didnt have video recording capabilities so I did some homework and saw that the latest, 4.5 version does. ANd tmobile only gives its users 4.2.2.180 However, how do i get it on the phone??? When i download it and install, it installs in my c drive? WHat am i doing wrong???
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

philyzfinezt wrote:
I just got the curve and noticed it didnt have video recording capabilities so I did some homework and saw that the latest, 4.5 version does. ANd tmobile only gives its users 4.2.2.180 However, how do i get it on the phone??? When i download it and install, it installs in my c drive? WHat am i doing wrong???

Hello,

you're not following the correct procedure to upgrade your handheld device. Please read here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

hey there, i also am having this same problem. when i remove the battery and try the application load i go through the first part and it can't detect my device, so i put the battery to get through the first part and remove it once i get to the add and delete screen, i click next and go to advanced and select 'erase all currently installed applications', but then i've tried both of the button boxes on the next screen and for the first one that backs everything up it can't connect with or without the battey, i've tried clicking retry when it gets to the end switching the battery in and out but it still says it can't connect.  when i tell it to not back up the device it tries to load the RAM image but then cuts out and gives me a 'Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000022]' message. so yeah, is my phone completely dead? any other options? any help would be great, thanks

hey i have a big problem with my BB Curve 8320 OS.

I bought my 8320 online and he got crashed recently.. The screen is dark and the red light flashes.. So i went to the apploader in order to reinstall the latest OS from T-Mobile but when i wanted to dl the bb upgrade http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/  (desktop device sotware) they ask me a " 10 digit t-mobile phone number". Can someone help me to get it plz?