Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
midknightwolf76
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8330 Case Suggestions

Hey gang I'm Jarrod, first I wanted to say nice to meet all you. I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I love it very awesome phone (this is my second Blackberry) I do have one question would anyone please make some suggestions on some cases for me. I am looking for something like a holster style case and something with a strong belt clip (wont break off easily) and that will protect my phone. I was looking at the Blackberry leather holster case with the magnetic flap that goes over the top. My only concern is some of the upper part of the screen is unprotected (sorry im really protective over my phone) does anyone have this case and if so how good does it work? has anyone got any scratches on the screen or body with the upper part being exposed on this case? I'm open for any other suggestions on cases as well (although I have mostly had holster style cases in the past) I have also looked at the otter box case for the curve as well anyway thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Blackberry Curve 8330 Case Suggestions

[ Edited ]
Hi jarrod. Welcome. It is a pleasure to meet you as well. If you are talking about the case I have which I think you are it's a great case. There is a magnet inside that puts the phone in sleep mode which prevents accidental button pressing as well as saves on the battery. Also the magnet is on BOTH sides meaning you can put your phone in facing the other way and the screen is completely covered. And I actually like it better this way because if you are wearing it on your belt you can slide the magnetic closure over with one finger and grab the phone with two fingers and you don't have to turn it around to see the front. I did however take a tiny chunk out of the rubber in the corner when I dropped the holster. But my screen has yet to see a scratch. The holster normally stays attached to my purse strap and it has never fallen off. The holster also swivels so you can wear it comfortably. Perhaps you can post a link where you found this holster and I can let you know if it is the one I have? I'm fairly certain that it is.
Message Edited by lorriem1222 on 09-11-2008 12:55 PM
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Fkess
My Device: BB Curve 8330C

I have the Blackberry holster with the magnetic flap also. works fine but does not cover the BB 100%. The belt clip is the best I've seen and very secure.
From cases.com for $19 +shipping. They also sell the complete coverage kind.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pixed

Have you looked on EBay? They have huge selection and very cheap. I have bought a number of cases and accessories there.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
midknightwolf76

Thanks for the help guys and Lorri I will find a pic of that holster and send it to you, thanks again hon for your help and suggestions!:manwink:
Please use plain text.