Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Cynthiaput
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8330

I've had my new BB for about a month and love all the new features since the old one I had a few years ago.  However, there is one disappointing issue with my new phone.  Most of my friends and family do NOT have BB's and I have found that I cannot send photos nor can I receive them from their regular cell phones.  If someone sends me a text message with a photo I have to go to the Telus website to retrieve it.If I try to send a photo to a regular cell phone, they recieve the text message but no photo.  I have talked to tech support about this and no one can help, I have even tried making the pics smaller, but to no avail.  Does anyone know if RIM is going to fix this anytime soon?  This is very disappointing as I have family all over the US and Canada....

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Curve 8330

hello,

as far as I know, it is a limitation from Telus and not at all from your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Cynthiaput

Re: Blackberry Curve 8330-sending/recieving pics/to/fro ordinary cell phones

Hi, Thanks for your response, but when I spoke with tech support, several times, they told me it was definitely a BB thing.  Are you able to send pics to someone's ordinary cell phone?
Guru I
Xandrex

hello,

I never tried it since I have my Blackberry, but I did receive at least 2 MMS with an image in each. I have the 8310 so it's not CDMA like you. The sender of those MMS used a Samsung U600.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Cynthiaput

Is MMS similar to SMS?
Guru I
Xandrex

SMS = a short message of 160 characters max.
some carriers and mobile phones support combining multiple SMS into one single big one (more than 160 chars)

MMS = SMS + an attached file
the attached file can be of several types :
JPG,
GIF
PPS
and maybe video

a mobile phone that can do MMS can do SMS.
same for carriers

the 8310 can do MMS.