Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
petersondna
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8330

We just purchased two Blackberry Curve 8330 and we are receiving fluctuating signals inside of our house - we don't think that it is our network since cell phones have worked in the house in the past.  I talked with Verizon tech support and they recommended trying a different device. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Blackberry Curve 8330

Have tried with other handset? Was there any difference?You can check signal strength from option -> status -> signal:

Flactuating signal is caused due to radio coverage problem in your area. As you mentioned both the devices are showing same thing then I guess the lies with your carriers coverage.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
petersondna

We have checked the signal strength as you mentioned.  Inside the house the strength fluctuates - however once we go outside it is fine.  With a regular verizon cell phone there are no problems related to signal strength in our house.  Both Blackberry's seem to be working relatively well everywhere else.  We have tried turning off all wifi and bluetooth devices in our house to see if interference was an issue - but it's not.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Are you affected due to the flactuation of the signal? Meaning is there any problem with your voice call or data usage? Do you receive EDGE (in caps) under your network signal?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
angel-of-death

[ Edited ]
hi can sun 1 help me i have the blackberry 8320 and i can not find a site to download msn messager that can go on my phone help me plz thx names rob ....
Message Edited by angel-of-death on 07-05-2008 09:49 AM
Please use plain text.