Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Curve 8520 Calendar synchronisation

I have used this device for a number of years for both email and calendar. Both should sync with my PC but, very recently, I have noticed that the calendar no longer syncs. The calendar on the Blackberry no longer picks up new appointments entered on the PC and vice versa.

I have tried resending the service books, checked that the synchronisation option for "calendar" is ticked and have checked that the "wireless synchronisation" option is set to "Yes".

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this problem has arisen and how I might correct it?

Regards

Nick

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Calendar synchronisation

How were you syncing before? Was it wirelessly? Was it USB cable? What email service are you using? Please provide as many details as possible in order for us to help you. I have no idea what kind of setup you're using in order to try and help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. The mobile is set up to sync wirelessly and it is this which has stopped working. My email service is gmail

regards

Nick

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You will need to see what is going on in GMail in order to see where the problem lies. If you add a contact on the device does that contact show up in GMAIL on the Web? If you add a contact from your PC does it show up in GMAIL on the Web?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I'd thought of that, but emails continue to sync perfectly. I don't synchronise contacts.

Guru II

So, when you add a calendar item on the BB it does not show up in Google Calendar? When did you notice it and how long has it been this way? To be honest, I moved to the Z10 and no longer have a legacy device on Google.

Google changes their protocols like I change my clothes and things just suddenly stop working. Every day it seems to be something new. I am currently dumping GMail myself and moving to Outlook.com as Google has discontinued too many services for me.