Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
achikleo
My Carrier: celcom malaysia
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 8520 - Can Not Add New Contact or Edit Contact Detail In phone Book

I'm using Blackberry Curve 8520.

Previously i had problem with device software and i reintall the device software according to your advise.

Now my devise using software v5.0.0.681 (Bundle 1168,Platform 5.2.0.67) and i have problem to my phone book.

When i try to add new contact, nothing happen (as i press the button), for existing contact, i only view the detail but nothing happen when i pree the button to edit the contact detail.

What is wrong?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Onedgill
My Carrier: LIME

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Can Not Add New Contact or Edit Contact Detail In phone Book

I have the same problem now but mine started after I upgraded to the new FB 3.0.0.15 two days ago. Prior to that I had no problems with my phone. I think there is something in that version of FB that is causing it. I can delete contacts but I can't add a new one or edit. Its also freezing the phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hemanthg4
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Can Not Add New Contact or Edit Contact Detail In phone Book

Having the same problem with my Curve.

Currently i'm updating my contacts and adding new contacts via google sync. 

I recently updated Facebook, Twitter and made them BBM connected.

Also added LinkedIN, Issue must be from one of these apps as they have access to the Address Book.

Hope BlackBerry Fixes this issue ASAP.

Please use plain text.
Roger66
My Carrier: O2

Hi, I also cannot enter new contact, though unlike some of you I can edit existing contacts.  But the phone is also freezing and needing re-booting.  This also started to happen after I updated and backed up phone on desktop.  RIM, sort it out, please.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hemanthg4

Hey! Guys,

Still no word from Blackberry, but they are pretty much active on twitter.

Please ReTweet this to gain their attention to this issue. 

https://twitter.com/#!/lordhg4/status/191239721039560705

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sayogee
My Carrier: boost

I recently updated Facebook, Twitter and made them BBM connected too!! Its freezing the phone and it so annoying that I can't add new contacts or edit! Bb need to sort asap!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Neelkamal
My Carrier: Tata Indicom

Hi all I was also had issue. Pls uninstall msn and Y messenger version 3. I did now I am able to add contacts.
Now I am facing other issue on pressing delete email my device is not giving options onhandheld and mailbox or handheld or cancel. Pls help if anyone having solution.

Regards
Neel
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hemanthg4

Hi! 

I don't have Yahoo messenger installer. Uninstalling MSN, will let you know if it helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hemanthg4

Hey! Guys,

Problem Solved, the culprit was the MSN messenger.

After uninstalling and rebooting my Address book is working fine.

Hope this helps you too. :Cool2:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Onedgill
My Carrier: LIME

Thanks hemanthg4, I can now edit and add contacts after removing MSN Messenger! :Clap:

Please use plain text.