Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
LynnHutchinson
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry Curve 8520 - Desktop Manager Displays Phone Details But Still Says Connecting AtThe Bottom

Help.

I am a first time BB user.The phone was straight forwardto set-up. I installed Desktop Manager from the disk (V5.xx). I connected the phone and it said I needed updates; I clicked ok to these. it downloaded and installed.

The DM screem when white(GUI disabled), the phone had thePC/Phone icons on screen. I had selected mass storage mode. This happens every time I connect the phone.

I decided to download the latest version of DM (V6.xxx) and installed it. All went well until it asked for the phone to be connected. The DM displayed a screen saying connected Blackberry 8520 etc. "Initializing Phone"; it just stuck there for ever.

Now I restarted and reconnected the phone; this time it showed the phone details on the main screen but main screen white (dissabled),saying "Connecting" in the bottom righthand corner. This just goes on forever.

I am connecting via USB, I can open Windows Explorer and see a drive for the blackberry. I installed the DM application on Windows 7 (32bit). I used an adminstrator account to install it.

I have read around the postings but nothing seems to help. Any help much appreciated. There is no media card.

Not sure if this is relevant,setting up bluetooth on the phone (No BT on PC so can't connect using that), I found I could see and pair the phone with another phone, but the other phone says there are no services of interest. Another phone pairs but when I try and connect and send animage it failed.All services enabled and phone was visible with the paired phonesmade trusted. I Hope this isn't related and the phone isn't faulty.

Regards

Mark

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Desktop Manager Displays Phone Details But Still Says Connecting AtThe Bottom

Hi LynnHutchinson

I would recommend installing the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software available from www.blackberry.com/go/softwaredownloads.

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.