Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile (o2)

Blackberry Curve 8520 Keyboard not working

A few months ago the keyboard of my Blackberry Curve 8520 stopped working out of the blue, I checked the water damage indicator and it is was still white.  I left the phone and used a spare one, so I knew it was nothing to do with the sim card.  Yesterday I decided to check on my blackberry and it worked! Then this morning at 8am the alarm went off, I turned it off and left my phone alone but when I went to use it at 8:30 it had completely stopped working, not even the trackpad.  A few hours later the trackpad started working again but that's it, no keys or any of the side buttons.

So now as soon as the screen goes black that's it you have to do a battery pull to get the screen to light up again.

This is very annoying and has been going on since April now and I would really love to know what causes it, anyone know?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Keyboard not working

If you can tell that it is not a harware issue or what not, then it may be a software issue that can be fixed by a clean reload. Please check the link below to guide you through the steps.

How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

Goodluck and let us know if this resolves the issue.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Keyboard not working

This may be late and you may have found the solution already, but  mine does the same and when the screnn blacks out, what u need to do is press and hold any button, i normally use the back button and then it will let you press the rest of the buttons again. If i am not constantly using it, when the backlight turns out it does what ur describing, u need to press and hold down a key for all buttons to work again.  Only when u turn it off u will have to do a battery pull to get it back on again, my e has completely stopped working aswell. Try what i said if you havent fixed it already, it works, and each time it does this just press and hold a button and it will allow you to use the other buttons