Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
afiff21
My Device: 8520
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 8520 - Media Card can not be accessed

[ Edited ]

my  media card "can not be accessed due to fatal errors", why?

after i re-install my blackberry, it can't read my media card until now. although i change media card with a new one. i've tried the media card to the other phone, and it works.

can you help me? i wonder if you give a solution to me, please :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 - Media Card can not be accessed

Hi afiff21

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The error you're recieved may appear because of many reasons. Sometime the error simply  got get fixed after formatting the media card itself , But sometime it because of the OS or the hardware itself. So can you confirm if you have have tried to format the media card  !

Let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afiff21

I've tried Format / Repair / Install Media Card in the Options -> Memory , but it failed. What can I do?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi afiff21

If All those steps fails then you can an OS reload to rule out any software issue , first do your backup then follow this Knowledge Base article  :

How To Backup Your BlackBerry

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please try those steps and see if that helps in resolving your issues with media card  access.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afiff21

i tried to back up and install blackberry dekstop software, but my blackberry still "media card can not be accessed due to fatal errors" . 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

afiff21 wrote:

i tried to back up and install blackberry dekstop software, but my blackberry still "media card can not be accessed due to fatal errors" . 

Hi afiff21

As you're having trouble with the media card so remove the media card from your device and do a backup or selective backup like your contacts , apps etc  of your device. Connect your device and run Desktop software > Click on Device > Backup > Choose Custom > Backup your data individually.When its done try an OS Reload.

It might be possible that the media card itself is corrupt, So you may have to try another card after Reload . Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afiff21

[ Edited ]

i've tried both of steps, but its still doesn't work. i've tried the media card on the other phone, it really works.and i try with the new ones, it still "media card can not be accessed due to fatal errors".

why on blackberry the media card can not be accessed? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi afiff21

If even after reloading your device doesn't  recognize your media card and you're recieving that error  message then it might be an hardware issue.

But still if you can try some third party software like http://bbsak.org/  which are good enough to wipe your device completely , after that you can try a fresh OS on your device to see if that help  . 

Let us know if you need any help regarding this. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
afiff21

after i finished wipe, my blackberry reboot automatically. after reboot there is "Reload Software: 507" what should i do??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi afiff21

When we wipe using such tools then it wipe everything including the OS , as a result you're getting this Error 507 which means there is no Operating System to run your device . So now you have to reload the OS , it can be done by simply downloading  and then installing an OS pack for your carrier Or Simply perform an OS reload ,

Follow this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Or use a fresh OS pack from your carrier and install it on your device ,refer to those steps for help :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Follow those Onscreen instruction and update will continue, After installing the new OS restore your backup using desktop software. But remember if you download an OS pack from other carrier you will have to delete two or three VENDOR .XML files , So download from your own Carrier , if you feel any problem.

Try it and let us know.

Please use plain text.