Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
srinivasaltair2008
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry Curve 8520 Problem which is not repairable in India!!!!

Dear Support Team,

My blackberry curve 8520 I had purchased on February - 2012 but after four months i.e. on June - 2012 it started giving problem through scroll bar.

I reported this issue to :smileyvery-happy:your service center people but due to their best knoweldge they told that it is irrepairable.

Report I got is Liquid damage!!!. But I never dipped my device in water but even though I got this strange and stunning report from Flextronics bangalore. These people are convicing saying that when you are talking sweat may go inside the scroll bar hence fungus has farmed hence it is irreparable. This is first time in my life that too from Blackberry I heard it is irrepairable.

Please help me what to do for my blackberry device.

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Problem which is not repairable in India!!!!

1. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

2. Rather than "liquid damage" it could be moisture damage, a problem among most all smartphones.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
crisella_manal85
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Smart

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Problem which is not repairable in India!!!!

I was really upset with my Blacberry Curve 8520...I just used the phone when I got home from work and I sleep and when I woke up my phone turned to white screen and loading...I thought it was just a simple issue but when I removed the battery and put it back on nothings happen and the white screen on my phone is happening for a week now! Some of my office mates having the same issue! I was really upset about it! And I'm that rich to buy a new phone just like that! I can't even a bold one!
Please use plain text.