Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
k1mbo
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Curve 8520 Screen Issue

I've had my blackberry for about 18 months now and I've not really had any problems with it. Just today I received a message and I tried to unlock my phone and the screen just remained black. The handset was on as it vibrated and the red LED was flashing to indicate I had a message but I couldn't unlock it. I have tried pulling out the battery several times but to no avail. The screen is still actually working as when I put the battery back in it comes on and goes up to te security verification but then it just goes black again. I have still been receiving messages as it still vibrates and the LED still flashes but the screen just stays black!! HELP! 

Please use plain text.
karenwisely251
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: tesco

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Screen Issue

have you tried to go into safe mode and then backing up you device and then wipeing it with your sim card and your sd card out cause thats what i have done and its worked.when its on the loading bit hold the back button (next to the on button)for the whole process and then when its loaded click ok to go into safe mode back up your phone and then wipe it then let it reload again 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k1mbo

thanks, I'll try that

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k1mbo

Hasn't done anything :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k1mbo

Ok, so the screen will come on whilst it's connected to a computer but none of te buttons seem to work... Any ideas?? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k1mbo

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Screen Issue...

Ok, so the screen will come on whilst it's connected to a computer but none of the buttons seem to work... Any ideas?? 

Please use plain text.