Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TylerJacques15
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520,Blackberry Bold 9000,Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile,Vodafone

Blackberry Curve 8520 Trackpad and Keypad Not working

Hey my Blackberry was working perfectly fine but when i went to unlock it nothing would work and the screen would go Black and to get the unlock screen back up i would have to remove the battery and start it up again

So after reading many forums i was advised to restore my phone but now it has finally restored it is still not working and i unable to press ok to start using the phone again any ideas on how to fix this problem ?? 

Much Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Trackpad and Keypad Not working

Out of curiousity, is the phone still under warranty? If so, I would take it into your carrier for assistance.

Also, is there any chance your phone may have been exposed to moisture? Remove the battery and take a look at the battery and the area around the battery. There should be a couple of white moisture strips. If they are now red, this says that the device has been exposed to water. Even if they're white, there is still a chance it could have been exposed to moisture inside the actual phone. Moisture can lead to unresponsive keyboards and trackpads, so it is a potenial reason.

Hopefully this info helps, but feel free to add to any other info and we'll see if there is anything else we can do.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viktoralee
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Kable Vodafon

I have a similar problem with you, Tyler. My first question is, what do I do? If I need to restore it to the factory condition, how do I go about it?
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi viktoralee, here is a link with instructions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

I hope that helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viktoralee

Thanks once again Krypto. followed the link, did all that was required, but my problem remains: The keypad is locked, can't getting to starting the phone. It's driving me nuts. Can someone help me before I loss my cool? Thanks a million.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi viktoralee,

Unfortunately if that step didn't work, you're very likely looking at a hardware issue. Is the phone still under warranty? Because right now, I think your only solution will be to take it in for repair. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pratiksha24612
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: croma

i dont have any issues wid my keypad but its jus that my trackpad doesnt work at all... i cant use tat button to scroll o to select nething.. it doesnt work at all.. n i do have curve 9300.. its under warranty!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viktoralee

Thanks to all those who commented on my phone's situation, I was able to resolve the problem. I guess all you need is to follow the suggested steps above. You need to reload the OS system. Do it and your problem will be fixed. Don't forget to first backup your phone's data. 

Please use plain text.
joell
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: orange

My bb keypad has stopped functioning for no reason, it started malfunctioning e.g i press a certain key and it would select 7 others simultaneously, so i reset it, but now the phone comes on but the only buttons that work are the ones on the side which deal with volume control, im ripping my hair out because i have missed important calls and even though i can see the incoming call im frantically pounding the answer call button and nothing will work, please help!!!!!!!!!!

Also i cant do anything through a usb because i have to enter my passkey to make it appear on my laptop, how i regret that noww!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zxcvbnm87
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: maxis

hello,I'm new here.And sorry for my English.

I've the same problem but mine is after i remove the battery n put it back,after it turn on i,i can't do anything 2 my phone... After 5second my phone went black

it's like if someone try 2 call me,i can't answer it bcoz the button not working.

Please reply my msg ASAP. thank you.

Please use plain text.