Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Developer
Tosyngotti
My Device: CURVE 4 9630

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Trackpad and Keypad Not working

did u change the case of ur fone if yes is the pressure moult on the keypad and if no ia the hardware problem
sj1982
My Device: 8520

try to hold down the answer key for a few seconds. My keypad seems to have gone mad and in order to answer a call i have to press and hold down the answer key which usually allows the call to be answered. also i find that if i dont use my bb for a few seconds it freezes and i have to hold down any key to re-activate it.

My problem is that the return key doesnt send texts as it used to, so if anyone has a solution to my problem please message me-and how do i stop the keypad from freezing if i dont use it for a few seconds?

thanks

New Contributor
jeeja
My Device: 9320

Hey! am also facing the exact same prob, the unlock key on my bb refuses and to work and finally i end up removing the battery to get it alright. This is the 3rd bb 9320 model am using in past 2 weeks (had to run around for DOA forms and ext) and its HIGHLY frustating. Now am having the same issue with the 3rd phone that i got replaced , i have no clue what to can someone please help! 

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Realize that you may need to do regular battery pulls to avoid this issue. One way to double check is if this issue happens again, before doing a battery pull, check your available app memory. To get this info, go to Options > Devices > Storage. The number you're interested in is the free space under Application Storage. If this number gets down to 30MB free or lower, the device can start exhibiting some issues and a battery pull can help to clear them up temporarily again.

As an FYI, I typically need to do a battery pull every few days on my phone, but I often do them even more often thanks to being such a heavy BB user. How often you need a battery pull will depend on what apps you have installed as some leak memory more than others.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
jeeja

Hi there,

I have 101.4MB under Application Storage, but still experience this weird issue.=(

Elite I
Krypto

Yeah, that's not really low enough to cause this to happen. I would maybe recommend checking your apps that are installed. One of them could cause issues...

Beyond that, given that you've stated that you're now on your 3rd Curve 9320, I'm not sure what to add... Is there any chance you might be locking your keyboard accidentally and that's why the unlock button isn't working?

If needed, I'll see if some other friends on here might have some other suggestions...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
jeeja

Hi there!

i dont haave many apps installed, also can u pls let me knw if theer is any button to lock the keypad?? (am sorry but mit sound dumb the only lock /unlock button that am aware of is the one on top , so want to clear off any possiblity of me locking the keyboad accidentally!) I hav not set any password for my device.

Elite I
Krypto

Pressing and holding the star key (a.k.a. the "a" key) will also lock the keyboard on my Bold 9900. But it should just unlock when you touch the top lock button again...

royallyme
My Device: 8520

my bb get moistured, so i kept my cell off for 2 hrs and then i started my cell and it worked fine for few hrs. Andwhen i charged my cell since after keypad is not working. only track pad works.
HELP PLEASE.
mhel4174
My Device: curve 8520

I have similar problem ...i tried upating the OS but still not working