Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mzblack72
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 Trackpad and Keypad Not working

I had the same problem with my phone and the fix was unbelievable and worked perfectly. Don't ask how or why, it just did. Take a square of paper and fold it. Place it between the battery and the slim silver bar. That holds the SIM card in place. Don't make the paper too thick, the back cover won't close properly. Replace back cover, allow phone to reboot, check trackpad. Mine worked perfectly after I did this. Hope yours does too!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
DragMaster36
My Carrier: Vodacom

If i back up my Blackberry, will it delete files such as videos, music and pictures? If so how can i avoid this?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

No, pictures, music files and all of the such do not get deleted. That is stored on different memory. But a backup doesn't delete any info on the device. It just backs up the data on the device so that you have a copy on your computer in case you ever need to restore it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
MrFantastic
My Carrier: airtel

[ Edited ]

My friend has a similar problem as in the initial post in this thread. Trackpad doesnt work, the phones been rebooted and the option to select device language pops up. Selecting the language is easy with the keyboard but how do you click 'ok'? I find it hard to believe there's a keyboard shortcut for everything except this. Any ideas?

Edit: there was water damage to this phone so not quite the same problem...my main point is how do i click 'ok' at this stage?

Please use plain text.