Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: TMobile

Re: Blackberry Curve-8520 Wifi not working.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your router is brodcasting on 802.11-N. Check this, if so then change it to 802.11-B/G.  Blackberry phones do not work on the N band.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

How do i check what my router is broadcasting and how do i change it?

Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Im having the same problem, been on another topic here and got no help from there Smiley Sad Surely the router cant just change whats its broadcasting on, on its own. My wifi has been working since i set it up with no problems at all but now it seems everyone i know with a curve is having a problem with the wifi. Cant be a coincidence that everyone is having the same problem at the excat same time can it?!
New Contributor
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry were unable to make a long term wifi enabled phone, you'll only get it for about a few months then boom it's gone

Contributor
My Carrier: TMobile

My daughter and i have been having the same problem since last night... We also have a curve, So i think your right, this cant be just a coincidence.. I tell you were not happy about that.. Someone has got to know whats wrong
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: 02

My 8520 started with the same problem on Monday; I have tried all over the web for a solution but with no success. Mine is only 8 weeks old and its going back to O2 today.

My Carrier: MTN

Having the same problem here!!!!! Blackberry curve as well. Started on monday. Have searched all over the net for a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

New Contributor
My Carrier: T Mobile UK

I have only recently noticed that my Blackberry won't connect to Wifi on two separate networks.

Mine is a Belkin N, broadcasting in B/G/N Modes, and has been working previously with no issues.
The second network I have used is a Sky Netgear G router, which I have also used with no issues in the past.

I have switched the radio off to ensure connection only via wifi, which fails to connect.

I have restarted my router, changed to G mode only, changed the channels from 6, to 10, 13 and 1 to no avail, broadcasted my SSID, removed Mac Address Filtering and have even gone to an open network to try and get my blackberry connected.

Lest to say, I feel there is now an issue, and unfortunately my BB is over the 12m warranty for manufacturer repair, and I am not on a contract.

Any suggestions would be more than greatly received!

Rob
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Many people have been experiencing a similar issue which appears to be a BB server issue not a home router problem.

I know mine is fixed as I have just had over 200 emails from the forum in this last hour!

I would leave the router well-alone for the time being.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Carrier: T Mobile UK

Thanks Stevels,

I actually don't mind messing about with the router, as I know what I'm doing, but it was more to show that I had been proactive opposed to hitting forums immediately as well.

Mine's still down at the minute, but I'm surprised that a server issue would affect a home router connection :s