Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

WelshWhirlwind
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry Curve-8520 Wifi not working.

Firstly hello to one and all, this is my first post in these forums!

Basically I've just joined up after reading this thread. I am having the exact same issue and have recently posted the below post in a different forum:

"Dear All,

Please help with an issue that is driving me around the bend!

My BB 8520 has always had the following settings:

Mobile network preferred (I can't hear people properly connected via UMA)

Data serivces: On
When Roaming: Off

WiFi: On

Up until the past couple of days my phone would always connect to the mobile network when making calls at my home but automatically use WiFi when I browsed the net (The WiFi symbol would light up).

For some reason it has stopped doing this and refuses to connect to my WiFi network (displaying a '-' under 'manage connections') unless I switch off the mobile network or select 'WiFi preferred' - which is rubbish for me as the phone automatically switches to UMA, resulting in the problem that I previously mentioned i.e. struggling to hear people.

Have I (or an application? - I have recently downloaded MSN messenger...) changed anything I can't think of? Anyone else have this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Orange didn't have a clue!"

I have subsequently been direct to this quote on the crackberry forums:

"Possible BIS outage across Europe and North America
by Bla1ze on 7 Jun 2011 09:09 PM

BIS outage

We've been getting plenty of users in North America and Europe letting us know their has been some issues with BIS as of late. Many folks in the UK have spoken up in the CrackBerry forums and for some North American users BIS over WiFi has been down for what is going on 48 hours now. Some carriers are advising that it is due to a BIS update that is rolling out now but -- the accuracy in that info cannot be confirmed at this time. What about you all, any issues? If so speak up in the comments or in the forums. "

I'm hoping this will be recified soon, some people are reporting a resumed service today, but that is not the case with me, anyone else still in the same boat?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mazarin
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the very same problem in Hungary, however, this is not the only reason why I'm posting this message. I was about to configure my router and blackberry device when this BB server issue occured. I enabled port forwarding and the port 443 too. My blackberry connects to the router with no issue, and in the router's log I see the connection (through blackberry hotspot browser). Normally, should I see the connection to blackberry server too? I mean my phone doesn't even try to connect to the blackberry server and in the router log if i don't use the browser, I see no tentative to connect to the internet.

So, I have a BIS, and my phone worked perfectly in France through wifi at home. Now, I'm in Hungary, I have configured the router, but I have no connection since 2 weeks... Any ideas?

Ps: My Host Routing Table is totally empty... And when I try to diagnostic my connection I don't see the Blackberry Infrastructure data...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
foziii
My Carrier: O2

Definitely in the same boat! Mine hasn't been working since Tuesday. Contacted O2 who told me that it was a Blackberry server problem. Have tried finding any info on how long to expect the downtime to last but no joy.
Please use plain text.
finlaywinnie
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: o2

hi mine or daughters  not working either..been on phone to o2 who says bb have a problem...

anybody any wiser?

i know it not my router (as iphone connects)...

who paying the excess billing?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robelliott2125
My Carrier: T Mobile UK

Not me, as I'm on PAYG, which I only pay £20 for 6 months BIS :smileyvery-happy:

Love it!

I'm not fussed tbh, but would've liked to have known before panicking about a warranty repair lol.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
starlight9
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: blackberry user

Hi there, am having the same problem with my bb8520 and pearl wi-fi since tuesday night been back and forth on the phone with virgin and blackberry no one knows anything:No:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
life_on_mars
My Carrier: Virgin

Mine (just over a year old) and my wife's (about 3 months old) both stopped working on the same day (Monday 6 June). I have done the data backup as described in an earlier post and still no wifi on my curve even though it recognises my home router. I think there must be something fundamentally wrong with something other than the handsets or routers? My wife and I both with Virgin - but seems to be affecting O2 and other networks too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robelliott2125

You'd think since RIM would message everyone to say whats happening and what to expect PRIOR to works being carried out.

Come on RIM, it's not hard. Just one mass push out via an Email or something, easily done.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lhomesweethome
My Device: Curve 9320, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: 02

This from @UK_Blackberry on Twitter half an hour ago;

We apologise if you're still experiencing issues connecting to BB over WiFi in EMEA. We'll bring you an update as soon as we can.

I don't understand why they can't update now so at least we'd know what was happening!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robelliott2125

At least we've had something official from them, finally!

I miss having wifi working, now I'm using my phone more.
Please use plain text.