Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange uk

Re: Blackberry Curve-8520 Wifi not working.

Hi all.

Just signed up today as exact same thing has happened to me, problem started Tuesday 07/06/11(I too have a BB curve 8520 since August last year that has worked perfectly up to for-mentioned date)

Been racking my brains to figure out if I had done something wrong or a problem with my internet ( i work away which is why i got the BB in the first place as cant always get a mobile signal on its own)

Been trawling many forums in search of a solution and this is the first one that has given any definate answer.

Followed all advice such as hard reboot, re-registering housting table etc to no avail and was afraid I had broken it!!!!

Orange didn't have a clue when I rang them and were little or no help.

Im glad to finally see that the fault appears to be definately with BB themselves and there servers, but I agree surely an e-mail or text message (they are still working via UMA) from them to say there is a problem would have been nice.

Thanks to all you have posted and put my mind at ease

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: blackberry user

After 5days my wi-fi is back on
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Hope all of us have it back on soon!
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Mine is now back up & running this morning. Hope you all get service back too!
New Contributor
My Carrier: blackberry user

My pearl is working but my 8520 is not don't get it

having the same problem since earlier in the week. interesting the info re BIS update knocking Europe / North America to pot, but ....

my issue I have is although I'm not getting fully connected to wfi, apps like YouTubePlayer connect fine on their own and download videos fine. weird

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: 02

My 8520 on O2 (UK) connected to wi-fi now  Let's hope it stays that way... Hubby's 8520 on Vodafone isn't working yet, so its not an all on thing!

Thanks all, mine working too now!
My Carrier: MTN

My curve is back on! Yay!!! I pray it stays on...;-).
So far this has been the most helpful forum!
My Carrier: orange

Iv been having the exact same problems for a couple of weeks now and just decided to have a quick look to see if anyone had found a solution, doesnt seem anyone has, i remember it started playing up the same day i got a message saying "blackberry app world update available" which i didnt bother to install, after trying everything suggested on here to no avail i decided to just install this app world update and after the roboot voila!!! its back on and ready to go, i also did the same on my partners curve and hers is back on and working fine again, i hope this helps everyone out Smiley Very Happy