Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
starlight9
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: blackberry user

Re: Blackberry Curve-8520 Wifi not working.

my  wi-fi is still down on my 8520 after two weeks anyone else stiil got the same problem:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bodmar
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

hi, has this problem occured again, I had 2 working BB curves 8520 upto yesterday, now neither will connect to wifi, tia, for any info

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
life_on_mars
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Not aware of any problems my wifi is working
Please use plain text.
mikefisher
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

My wifi is not working either, my 8520 is brand new.. I took it into Carphone warehouse where they said I have to wait until I have blackberry services but when I got bb services it still didn't work so I took it back in there and they said that the only way I could get it to work is by sending it off for repair. I dont want to be without my bb for a week so is there any other way I could make it work? 

Please use plain text.
vinayrana
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi All,

My BB shows router name. I have selected "hotspot browser". When I connect to internet, I get a message "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact service provider".

Please help.

Thanks

Vinay

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lhomesweethome
My Device: Curve 9320, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: 02

Assuming you've established a home network as you can see your router name, don't select hotspot browser, go with internet browser instead.
Please use plain text.
josephb248
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

What does it mean if my router is broadcasting on "Mixed 802.11G and 802.11-B"? It also gives me the option to have it on either 1 or the other aswell. I'm also having the same problem as everyone else and I only received my BB on Monday as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vmaxnick
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]

I have an 8900  3 members of my family have 8520 we have a Netgear DGN 1000 broadcasting on G I have followed all the workarounds suggested by Netgear have tiied the Pin method, the push button method, internet browser, Browser hotspot. We are with Vodafone, Virgin and O2 we all have Bis plans running and in all cases we connect with the wireless router but no green tick just an annoying  " - " I am becoming very disgruntled with Blackberry especially now that Vodafone has decided that it will censor any words it considers to be "Adult" so you cant even search "Breast implants" without Vodafone telling you to stop being a pervert!

Any suggestions? I am considering a change of fruit!

Please use plain text.
RachRachelRach1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hello! i got a question of your review, what is a rooter?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
janishantanu
My Device: Cuve 8520

i took a blackberry curve 8520 a month back and i havnt activated my BIS because i got myself a wifi connection but i cannot connect to my wifi it shows the name but no GREEN tick and no internet connection.

please help!!

Please use plain text.