Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Jay777
My Device: Mobile phone - Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry Curve-8520 Wifi not working.

Hi Everybody,

I'm having the same trouble.  I put my SSID in which I believe is the product name (linksys) (The Orange rep stated that it was an eight digit number which is at the back of the router.  For WEP (which I believe is the alternative for WP) I used a number that begins 60 - I was onto Orange for hours as the Customer Rep tried to help set it up.  The process begins i.e. the picture of the router and phone with the signal from the router going to the phone. This goes on for around 30 seconds or more, so you think that it is going to work, then I get a message stating that the connection has failed, but do I still want to create a profile anyway.  I didn't see the point if the wifi was not going to connect to my phone.

I have connected my Laptop, Kindle and BB Playbook successfully to my wifi router after several goes.  I used the security key code for that, but there does not seem to be that option for the BB Curve 8520.

I would appreciate some assistance please. I spoke to a colleague who used to have the BB 8520 and she managed to connect the wifi successfully to her phone She mentioned that all the information was at the back of the router.  She also mentioned that I needed to key in the long number at the back of the router that consists of a mixture of letters and numbers.  I'm not sure where you would key this long number in as the Orange rep stated that the WEP number began 60 etc.

J777

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jay777
My Device: Mobile phone - Blackberry Curve 8520

Success!!

Regarding my last post I've cracked it as follows:

Managing Connections

Select a new Wifi network

Push button set-up (which recognised that I was on a secure network)

It prompted me to press the middle button on my router and whilst this was flashing I continued to follow the process on my phone - the phone picked up my router and it confirmed that it was a success!

Hope this helps those who are still struggling - :   :Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vmaxnick
My Device: Curve 8900

Well my news is not so great. My daughter has just bought a new BB. Hers connects to the Netgear DGN1000 without incident but none of our older BB's will.

I recently configured my 8900 to connect to my Dad's BT Homehub: Instant success! So there you go, for what it's worth. Neither Rim nor Netgear will admit there is a problem but have fixed it on later phones. Conclusion?

If your BB is older than about a year and you buy a Netgear DGN1000 router, you will get no mobile WiFi!

Please use plain text.
evelyn0x
My Device: Blackberry curve 8920

Hi, my wifi wasnt working for ages what i did was connected it yo my computer and then updated it.. everything else that wasnt working worked then when i finished except my wifi i turned off my service provider and the went into wifi settings and defaulted all setting then tryed to connect it and it worked hope this helps
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stupot7
My Device: Curve 8250

Hello,

My recently purchased curve 8250 has connected to my home network (BT home hub) but i can not get the wifi symbol to illuminate and there forree can not access the browser. According to the display i am showing 'full' signal strength.

Any help would be appreciated as its starting to drive me round the bend.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lhomesweethome
My Device: Curve 9320, Playbook 64GB

From what I've read elsewhere, blackberrys and BT homehubs are not the best of friends. My Curve 8520 connected perfectly with my old wireless router but since I upgraded to Homehub3 my connection has been patchy. Connection to other routers and wi-fi hotspots is fine. I haven't tried to find a real solution because I don't need wireless that much but turning wi-fi on and off a couple of times usually works for me.  Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Please use plain text.
brianbarr
My Device: 8520 Curve

Can anyone help me set up my WIFI on Balckberry Curve

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stupot7
My Device: Curve 8250

I have tried it with my brothers talk talk hub and all seem fine. so its just the bt ones then? I am also having trouble accessing blackberry apps. Any ideas?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lhomesweethome

If you haven't got it set up already go here ... http://www.youtube.com/user/O2GuruTV?x=showVideo_e_pFFy3i3Piko

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lhomesweethome

I'm assuming you've downloaded and registered with Blackberry Appword? Other than that, I'm sorry - I can't help you any further; I have no problems on the app front.

Please use plain text.