Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Jay777
My Device: Mobile phone - Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: Blackberry Curve-8520 Wifi not working.

Hello please read my earlier post you need to go into managing connections, set up wifi network, select push button setup and follow that through- you need to be near your router as you will have to press the button with the arrows or the main on/off button - Your phone will then try to find it and will notify you when it finds/locates your router- It's has easy as that - All the best!

J777

Zoelie
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I was struggling with my BB curve for ages regarding the wifi. My countries mobile operators do not sell the model or support (I can call n stuff even gprs works fine surprisingly) it much so I got rather frustrated. However I got help from a video on youtube...hopefully someone else also gets help from it.

Link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWaN76VCC14&feature=related

Videos authors English isn't very good, but picture is 1000 words.

:Cowboy:

Visitor
Isabel110
My Device: Curve 8520

The same thing has been happening to me and I've reebooted my phone several times and deleted and re added the wifi profile and its still not working !!!!!! :/ 

Visitor
salaman112
My Device: Curve 8520

It's not working :smileysad: It's say try again later :smileysad: please help me :smileysad:
New Contributor
stupot7
My Device: Curve 8250

the best fix i found was the following link on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWmj58vcI5Y

worked first time.

hope it works for you ?

New Contributor
stupot7
My Device: Curve 8250

Did anyone else find this useful?

I have since used this on another 8520 and sorted out the problem.

:Clap: Woo Hoo! Never knew why BB's were sooooodifficult to set up for WIFI anyway?

New Contributor
makaruni
My Device: 8520

Got the same problem with the user above. WiFi icon on the upper right corner of the screen (below the signal bar) is dim then to the left is EDGE. At the center top it shows [name of mobile provider - wifi router name]. I don't see any green check, only a dash. I have rebooted the phone twice but it's still the same.

When I try to open the BB Homepage, it gives me this:

Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later.

If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

When I go to Options > Browser Configuration, my browser is set to Hotspot Browser and browser identification to Internet Explorer

Do we have an option to change to another browser?

New Contributor
makaruni
My Device: 8520

another thing when I go to Manage Connections, it shows this:

Turn All Connections Off
[/] Mobile Network On (On word is in bold green color) then to the right side is a -
[/] Wi-Fi ELMO (ELMO is our wifi router name and is in bold green text) also to the right side is a -

Hope all the info I've given helps. I just bought this unit like 5 hours ago before the shopping malls closed.
New Contributor
bester
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Hi byron here I have blackberry curve 8520 problem my wifi keeps on disappearing I did I complete clean up I mean like everything but still nothing when I go to manage connections then when I tick my wifi nothing happens just showing turn all connections off I'm so demoer in please can some one help me please and I have email adress bester.byron@gmail.com
Visitor
Abhi97
My Device: curve 8520

tried everything .....did everything to work it .....even send it to the service center ....for software upgradation ...but wifi is still not working ....its still saying that contact the service provider .....plz help me ....plz :Wacko: