Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
naiya726
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 8520 battery gets really hot than the battery dies.

I have a blackberry 8520, I have had it for about 2 months now.  My blackberry battery gets really hot than within the hour the battery dies.  This happens randomly.  First time it happened to me I was in a movie theatre and had the phone on silent. The second time it happened I was wearing it on my belt clip and had it on loud.  I do not keep any apps running and usually only use the phone for txts and email. My fiancee bought his blackberry curve 8520 the same day and he has the same problem.  My blackberry is updated with the latest software.  Any one else have this same issue?  Any advice on what the problem could be?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 battery gets really hot than the battery dies.

Even though you think not, there was likely an application running in the background, even the browser left to an active website.

Or, your battery could be bad. It happens. if the issue continues, you might want to exchange it at your retailer.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life
And here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
naiya726
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks, I did have a few things running that I was not aware of.  If it happens again than I know it is a defective battery.

Please use plain text.
laurij
My Device: Blackberry Curve

I am now on my 2nd Blackberry Curve 8530. Both times the exact same thing happened. My phone shuts off and I have to take the battery our to reset it. When it turns back on there is no charge. I try to recharge it and it will not charge and within 3 minutes it gets very hot. When I was at the store returning my phoen the lady next to me was doing the same things for the exact same reason. Why won't Blackberry just admit they have an issue and switch out people's phones. I realize this is costly, but I live and die by my phone for work and without it I can't do my job. So hear I go again another 5 days without a phone until they can ship me one and of course it will be a reconditioned phone, even though the first time I took my phone back it was less than 30 days old and they still wouldn't give me a new phone. I never thoguht I would say this, but after 15 years, I might have to consider going back to ATT. I have had this phone since February and have had it replaced twice and been without it for over 2 weeks, now. Now acceptable in my position.

Please use plain text.
mandimayhem
My Device: Black Berry Curve 2 (8530)
My Carrier: U.S. Cellular

I have had basically this same issue. I am on phone number two, and battery  number two. i love the features and everything of this phone but what is wrong with the battery. I put EVERYTHING in my phone and rely on it to tell me everything. I don't know what to do either- do you have any advice, if someone has helped you yet?!

Please use plain text.
taelani
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630

Using the Menu Key function and seeing what was running has solved my issues, I found that Opera stays running, and burns down my battery big time.  I now remember to check it every night before I charge it.  It has lowered the amount of issues I had with charging and battery life.

Please use plain text.
wassup
My Device: 22578-122- blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Hi, this is the 2nd BB Curve 8520 i'm usin bought from UAE but this time, since past few days i"m having issues with fully charged batteries used for max 1 hr in a day and in the night time the phone switches off in 3-4 hrs and so is the same in daytime; i.e use for 10 mmins to 1 hr and in nex 3-4 hrs the phone automatically goes to low battery mode! i tried changin the battery and used my old phone battery but still the same problem. to charge it to full battery it takes 3-4 hrs each time.

recently i have downloaded some softwares fm BB App World like BB Protect (now uninstalled), Free Chess, Whats App Msngr etc. Amongst all i use Chess max but thats hardly for 10-30 mins in a day...could any of this be a problem for battery drainage.

Please help.

Thanks a ton.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kevinGvue
My Carrier: T-mobile USA

I am now starting to have this same problem what did you do to solve this problem its really ticking me off! it charges really slow but the battery dies really fast should i go buy a new battery?

Please use plain text.
sara131313
My Device: curve
My Carrier: orange

i am on my 8th blackberry and had the same problems each phone i thought it was apps running! no apps running i am well peeved as i love blackberriys but with all the problems ive had im starting 2 get sooooo angry they need 2 sort it out!!!!!! grrrr.

Please use plain text.