Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

viggi9
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T mobile

Blackberry Curve 8520 new software

Hi, I have a blackberry curve 8520 and would love to upgrade the software I currently have (I think it's the 5 one)> would love to swtich to the 6...I used to have a blackberry 93 something with that software and I loved it.

At the store they told me that I can upgrade it, but I tried yesterday and couldn't... My service provider is T Mobile...

how can I do it?
Thanks

Virginia

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ibnelatif
My Device: 8520 curve vofafone
My Carrier: my brother

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 new software

[ Edited ]

hi i m sarfraz from  Pakistan i m using bb 8520 curve with os 5 last week i have install os 6 on my bb 9300 i love os 6 but could not install os 6 on bb 8520 plz can any 1 help me in thin condition ? I heard and also read that os 6 will not work on bb 8520 . i want to install os 6 on bb 8520. i think there are many user who want to install os6 on bb 8520.when RIM release bb 8520 and all other series they should that any user can b use all the future of bb RIM think that research in motion it is not correct because i think that RIM stand for (research in money ) plz i request that os 6 release for bb 8520 i love my mobile plz think about your user MY NUMBER <Personal Content Removed>

i hope RIM will think about your user deeply i will wait or reply

s.s
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 new software

Hello !

Unfortunately for BlackBerry Curve 8520 the highest platform available is V5 only.

For accessing the higher platform versions you need to switch over to other phone.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.