Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Blackberry Curve 8520 realoding software help

hey my friend from school his blackberry curve 8520 scren doesnt turn on but it shows when its charging the battery sign so i told him maybe software problem so i got it and i told him i can help him with it so i when home and did the app loader software reload os thing and it ask me for password but i didnt know password so i put password in 10 times thinkin it would of still done but it didnt so now when i click next on appl loader it saying connection to rma i think and so later i called him and said what the password for the phone so like he told me he dont he said that his brother give it to him and his brother got it from his aunty so he said he would try to call her bla bla bla so all together he couldnt get password because like he dont know here number but i am just trying to figure out how to reload the software without password even doe i already tried app loader, bbsak, and black deskstop manger thanks alot for support

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 realoding software help

can someone pease help kinda desperate do i really need the password to reload os
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Curve 8520 realoding software help

[ Edited ]

Oh my! I am having a terrible challenge interpreting your post...lacking any punctuation, it's just one huge sentence and difficult to parse out. But let me see if I've got this right.

• Basically, you tried to do an OS reload via the Desktop Software, but it asked you for a device password, which no one seems to know.
  • You failed the password 10 times, and at that point I'm kind of lost in all the words of your post running together.

In any event, given that sequence, after that 10th failure, the BB would have wiped itself clean of all personal data, and even removed the password requirement. So, at this point, you should be able to proceed normally with an OS reload attempt. But, from that huge sentence in your first post, can't quite parse out what is happening now that the BB has wiped clean.

Can you perhaps try again? If my description above is accurate, you don't need to re-state that (but do please at least confirm it)...rather, you can start with what is happening now as you attempt to reload the OS, but it should no longer be requesting a device password.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code