Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Tiberius5000
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Blackberry Curve 8900 Loading problem

Hey there!

After days of searching the web, I haven't found anything on the net about this problem. My ploblem is whenever I put my SIM card into the Blackberry, a white screen comes up with a small black clock in them middle like it is trying to load. Here are a few details.

- Sim card works in my LG Xenon, no problem
- Blackberry boots with no trouble WITHOUT Sim card
- Tried a family members SIM card [being used in a Blackberry 9700] and put it into the 8900 and it also didn't work
- Put my Sim card into the 9700, works PERFECTLY.
- SIM card and phones are all with Rogers Wireless
- Tried removing all contacts from SIM card and tried again in the 8900, didn't work
- Tried a peice of scotch tape to make connection my secure in the 8900, also didn't work.

I am come to the conclution that the 8900 is done. However, are there any fixes? [Besides a new phone]

Thanks for all your help and imput

Tiberius5k

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Curve 8900 Loading problem

Excellent torubleshooting.  As a final step, head to the store so a tech can confirm the phone is bad.  I think you're right.  Not much else I can offer since you've done all the heavy lifting!

Just take it to the local Rogers store? Have to do that when I get time of work. My dying Xenon will just have to do. Thank you for the reply =3.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tiberius5000

I forgot to add that I am not using a Micro SD card in it, would that effect it in any way?

Please use plain text.