Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

chris36
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve 8900 Trackball Problems!!

Ive only had my blackberry for about 3 weeks now and when i bought it, you could push in the trackball normally and it would click and have a pop effect. But now when i push it in doesnt do this anymore. At times you cant tell if you have pushed it in or not.

Can anyone suggest anything?

boba

Re: Blackberry Curve 8900 Trackball Problems!!

Hi.

No help I'm afraid, BUT same problem. My 8900 is only 8 weeks old and the trackball just locks up. I've tried turning on and off to clear and even resorted to removing battery and rebooting. This worked a few times, but now not working at all......!!

Trusted Contributor
kairosgrammy

boba wrote:

Hi.

No help I'm afraid, BUT same problem. My 8900 is only 8 weeks old and the trackball just locks up. I've tried turning on and off to clear and even resorted to removing battery and rebooting. This worked a few times, but now not working at all......!!

Perhaps the trackball needs replacing? If you've had the device for only a few months, it should still be under warrenty so the repair ought to be without cost to you.
New Contributor
nancybout

i had the same problem.Its fixed,(PRAYING) and so far I haven't had it happen anymore.I am unsure if what I did caused this problem.

I downloaded a theme,and thats exactly when it stopped working.i got rid of the theme from blackberry software on my other computer,it started working again.

I heard of somebody clicking two keys(Its on this board somewhere) and it clears up all the junk that collects in the phone from using it.

I just wanted to let you know,I had NO trackball working for 2  plus days..

thankgod its working,I ordered teh phone from WIREFLY with an upgrade,and I was waiting for a newone,and the box NEVER came for me to SHIP the One i have now,i had till the 25th to return mine(due to 30 days)..AND the box is STILL not here!Today is the 24th!!

How frustrating!Imagine if my trackball never worked again!!I'd have to go with refurb,I am not doing business with wirefly again due to this!!!

I hope your trackball kicks back,look around the forums,u will find answers!Worse comes to worse,you're under warranty:smileysad:

Make sure you have insurance too!(with the BB I make sure of that one lol)

New Contributor
BermudaNative

Unfortunately, this is a "known" issue w/ the Bold and 8900 series.  I've had mine for about 6 months now and my trackball started acting stupid about a month or two after I purchased it.  What I've seen is problems when trying to navigate left and right.  Personally, I've dealt w/ the issue because I'll have to leave my phone w/ the vendor for over a week to get this resolved.

I'm probably going to upgrade to the Storm II (9530) soon.

New Contributor
nancybout

The storms look nice too..:smileyhappy: I was looking at verizon,the one with the trackball also has issues..even the 3310 had issues(I seen on the at&t site)..track balls are blackberrys worse enemy I suppose:smileysad:

The touch screen blackberrys,I suppose with No trackball...can't go wrong!Other than the trackball issue,I really DO love the phone!!

Visitor
Datasara

I like the 8900 but I find it impossible to believe that a product of this caliber would be released. They compare it to a PC mouse well you can remove the mouse ball and clean it as a serviceable part. Now you have to take the phone to a service center when this should be a maintenance process not a repair center function. With out the track ball the phone is just a phone. I am sorry for being so negative but this is unacceptable as a product. Rim needs to step up on this issue. I would prefer to stay with a Blackberry but not with a product like this.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

ruchiano
My Device: curve 8900

the trackball seriously pissed me off.happened for many times.it wont scroll down.i dont know how to clean it up or something.any idea how to make it work again.it has been like this for 2 days.i cant do my work if my blackberry throw tantrums like this

New Contributor
mamamamia
My Device: 8900

[ Edited ]

Recently i've got the same problem with my bb 8900 javelin. My trackball wont scroll down, really annoying. I google around and find this page: 

unique-stuff.co.cc/fixing_sticky_blackberry_trackball.html

They suggest some tricks to fix this annoying sticky unscrollable blackberry trackball without disassembling /replacing any parts & hardware. I try the rotating straw technique and it works for me!! it's simple and i have my trackball working again now.. Hope it works for you as it works for me.. hoolahhh

EDIT: Link Removed

jnjhunt
My Device: Curve 8900

My trackball will not go up or down.  It is out of warranty and basically is useless.  I tried to use their online, one-time assistance, but it asks for the ID numbers on the phone, which I cannot get to since it will not scroll down.  My phone at work had the same problem. I am one month away from getting another phone - do not think it will be a blackberry.  Two phones, both with the same problem - seems to me they have an isue and from reading, it is not uncommon.  Luckily, they are not the only game in town anymore.