Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
renaf
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220

Blackberry Curve 9220 and BBM

I have a blackberry curve 9220 and I'm having problems with BBM. 

At the begging when I received my phone BBM was working, and it was ok but then when I was searching for apps at blackberry world I found a BBM update to version 7.0.1.23  so I updated but now it doesn't work on my smartphone. Can someone help me, please? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Curve 9220 and BBM

Hello renaf

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

On your device when you try to Open BlackBerry Messenger do you recieve any error message ?

In addition , when you updated BBM to version 7 did you login with your BlackBerry ID ?

let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Tamika1
My Device: 9292

At the begging when I received my phone BBM was working, and it was ok but then when I was searching for apps at blackberry world I found a BBM update to version 7.0.1.23  so I updated but now it doesn't work on my smartphone. Can someone help me, please?

I am having the same problem with my 9220. Is there by any chance can u help me? I set up my blackberry ID and also confirmed it on my email address. I went back to the blackberry messenger and all it shows is "setting up bbm" i left it a night and i woke up in the morning with the same problem. Can you help me?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Tamika1 wrote:

I am having the same problem with my 9220. Is there by any chance can u help me? I set up my blackberry ID and also confirmed it on my email address. I went back to the blackberry messenger and all it shows is "setting up bbm" i left it a night and i woke up in the morning with the same problem. Can you help me?

Hello Tamika1

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I assume you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS already on your account , if not then call you carrier to activate that , it fix your current  issues with BBM7.

If you already have that ( BIS ) on your account then you can try this to see if that help . First On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from the list ,

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once deleted perform a Battery pull restart by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On . wait for a min. then reinsert it back .

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry Browser and  browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download the most recent available for your device model. If device prompt for a restart do it .

Try it and let us know.

Please Note :

If you're having BBM7 or higher then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , after installing when you login with your BlackBerry ID your Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then first do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card, refer to this KB for further  help

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.