Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vdarkbloom
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Blackberry Curve 9220 trackpad problems

Hello, my trackpad and the rest of the keypad are only working at certain applications and my lock button has become very sensitive. There are times that the trackpad is working perfectly, but at some apps and at the home screen, it doesn't work. I already tried removing the battery and I restored/updated the firmware but hasn't changed a bit. The keypad, on the other hand works much more frequent than the trackpad. Help? Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Curve 9220 trackpad problems

Good troubleshooting.  At this point, it sounds like a hardware issue.  Can you take it to the store or repair shop?

My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Unfortunately, if I take my phone to the shop, it would take 2-3 months before I get it back. I am trying to find a way to fix it so that there would be no need to bring it to the shop. Thanks for the answer though! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I understand.  I'm not sure how you reloaded the firmware, but you can try this guide:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

A replacement device is the only other option I can think of if the software reload doesn't work.

My Device: blackberry 9220
My Carrier: plan

hi. i know your problem is 1 year ago, have you solve it? i have a similar problem. please reply.

Please use plain text.