Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

gallh4348
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Curve 9300 Battery Problems

Hello,

I purchased my Blackberry Curve 9300 only about 1 month ago and I am experiancing battery problems already.

The battery drains within 3-5 hours.  Also, when I fully charge my phone the night before school, switch it completely off, the battery is completely drained the next morning.  :Dots:

I am very upset over this because I thought these phones were supposed to be good.  Obviously I was wrong...

Anyways, if anyone can help me with this problem, I would be very greatful.

Thankyou

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Battery Problems

Hi gallh4348

Welcome to Support Forums

Generally this occurs when applications runs in the background , Sometime A battery pull restart is enough to resolve this issue.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open on an active wepage , also turn of wifi when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi gallh4348,

Welcome to BB Community...

As prince2012 told abt the battery pull restart and other valuable informations abt how to maximize battery backup, do accordingly...

if suppose u still have the issue, then since ur BB is only 1 month old so i would suggest u to visit a BB Service Center and get it checked...maybe ur battery would be replaced...

Good Luck...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
gallh4348

Thankyou! I will try that out.:smileyhappy:  I would have done that before, but i hoped it could easily be fixed.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

gallh4348 wrote:

Thankyou! I will try that out.:smileyhappy:  I would have done that before, but i hoped it could easily be fixed.:smileyindifferent:

Hello gallh4348

Before visiting any Service Center or Warranty Options, Please follow those Basic tips and see if that help in maximizing your Battery life and if it make any difference .

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
gallh4348

Thankyou. I will do that.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi gallh4348

Sure ! Try it and let us know if that help in resolving your issue, Also  make sure to close your apps correctly , and select apps wisely because some third party apps are known for draining our BlackBerry Battery .

Good luck.

Please use plain text.