Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Daniel123123
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind

Blackberry Curve 9300 Malfunctioning

[ Edited ]

I have had my Blackberry Curve for just over one year, and it worked almost perfectly up until a few days ago. The trackpad would either not work at all, work only in certain apps, or be constantly clicking, even if I am not clicking it. This prevents me from unlocking my phone, because I need to click the trackpad in order to put in my password (I tried using the enter key, it doesn't work). I have managed to unlock it a few times by pressing random keys until it allows me to enter my password, but the trackpad malfunctions and makes it extremely difficult to send texts, emails, or BBM messages. I have restarted my phone by taking out the battery, SIM card, and media card multiple times, with no result. I do not need to permanently fix it, since I am switching to another blackberry soon anyway, but I do need to recover my contacts and other info so I can switch my phone as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for any help.

Please use plain text.
jwebb
My Device: Blackberry 9330
My Carrier: US Cellular

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Malfunctioning

I am having the very same problem.  It started yesterday.  I want to perform a master reset since I already bought a new phone today.  However, I have no control of the keys.  Is there a way to master reset without using the keypad or track button?  Thanks!

Please use plain text.