Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
anitaroy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 9300 Sensitivity of pointer (mouse)

I bought a new to me used Curve 9300. I like it except I find it very frustrating when I try to move around in my contacts or recent calls or the main menu. It just zooms here and there and keeps slipping up and down much further than I want. I feel like I have no control over where it goes.

I found the place to set the sensitivity and set it to the lowest, but it still zooms here and there. Any ideas?

--- I'm waiting for a telepathy chip to be installed in my earlobe ;-) ----
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Curve 9300 Sensitivity of pointer (mouse)

Hello anitaroy

Have you tried a Battery pull Restart ? If not then do it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , then wait for atleast a min. and reinsert it back , your device many take a long reboot .After reboot please check it again.

If problem persists and as you're having problem with the trackpad you can try this Knowledge Base :

KB29640 : Trackpad ,trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone.

try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
anitaroy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Removing the battery while unit was ON seems to have made a difference. Thanks for the tip! Let's see if it keeps. 

Have a great day!

--- I'm waiting for a telepathy chip to be installed in my earlobe ;-) ----
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi anitaroy

You're most welcome .. A Battery pull Restart is the best practice. Depending upon use we can perform it on a daily basis to override such issues.

Take Care !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.