Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Klonoa
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9310

Blackberry Curve 9310 - NO connection!

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I am rather new to the world of Blackberry phones, and I can't say that I have had a very good experience so far.  It is the second day I have owned my 9310, and I now have no internet connection.

This all started earlier, randomly, when my phone stopped recieving internet connection.

It says that I am not connected to the Blackberry Internet Service. In no way does it let me connect to the internet, facebook, or anything but calls and texts.

So far I have already pulled the battery, many times, tried to register for the Host Routing Table, with no response.

I actually went as far as to reset the whole phone with the Blackberry desktop software, twice, and all that accomplished was me no longer being able to set up Blackberry Protect, having absolutely no entries in my host routing table, and the e-mail set up telling me it can't connect.

I have tried to register said host routing table, but all it does is say 'Registration message sent!" and then do nothing.

I am on Straight Talk, the prepaid service from Walmart if that changes anything.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  If this is not fixable I need to know soon.  Straight Talk's customer service is bad (nearly nonexistant) and I have no idea what to do.  This thing is my main way to access the web....I do my homework on it!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Curve 9310 - NO connection!

Hello Klonoa

If your device is not connected to BIS and you have no entries on Host Routing Table , then you may not have BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your account Or your new device is still not registred with your Carrier Network .

I suggest call your Carrier or Wireless Service Provider to Confirm if BIS is properly configured in your account . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Klonoa

Well you see, I had everything connected yesterday.  BIS was working correctly and everything was tip-top.  Nothing seemed to be the matter until today when it just...stopped all of the sudden.  My entries on the Host Routing Table only disappeared when I reset the phone.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Klonoa

Can you confirm if its a new device that you bought from Or an used one !

Yes I can see you have done enough , but as you are a old BlackBerry User ( I can see your profile ) you also know that unless our Carrier push those service book , we can't use BlackBerry Internet Services. So as a first step you have to call your Carrier to know about the issue , Because if our account is properly configured then even after a device reset , when we perform a manual device registration , those Host routing table populates . But not in you case.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Klonoa

I am a new user. (This profile was made back in 2009 when I had a Pearl for 2 weeks, I had to exchange it for a non-smartphone because of the price.)

This is a new device that came in the mail yesterday.  Earlier I contacted my carrier (Straight Talk) and they had barely no idea about anything reguarding the phone.  It is new for them I guess.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Klonoa wrote:

This is a new device that came in the mail yesterday.  

Did  you bought it from any online shop ?

Klonoa wrote:

Earlier I contacted my carrier (Straight Talk) and they had barely no idea about anything reguarding the phone.  It is new for them I guess.

Yes it is new   ,So call your Carrier again to reconfirm if they have activated BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS in your SIM account or not  .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Klonoa

[ Edited ]

I was actually able to get it all to work again by doing this.

I took my old android phone and went to the Straight Talk website.  There I transferred my number back to the old phone.  After doing that, I transferred it back to my new phone (Blackberry) and poof, it all worked again.

Then after a second, the internet stopped responding.  I then did another battery pull and it has been working since then, for the past few minutes anyway.  I have a consistent connection to BIS

I do need to wonder though.  What made my phone randomly just stop getting service anyway.  Soon I won't have a back-up phone to switch numbers with, so this fix won't work again.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Klonoa

Frequent Connection drop may a network issue , Or Can you try those steps in a sequence to see if it helps :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back.

Please try it .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
freepressright
My Device: Curve 3710

I have the same phone - on my second one now, actually. Sadly, it is doing the same thing the first one did, which is the exact same thing the original poster reported. I activated my first phone on Sunday, and by late Monday it had lost connection with no explaination.

I could receive texts and calls just fine, but absolutely no Internet or network connection of any kind -- dead on the vine.

After calling tech support, presumably somewhere in India where none of the techs spoke fluent English, I found myself shuffled to four people and told over and over again to do the same thing. The call lasted over an hour. I gave up. Frustrated, I chalked it up to a defective phone and exchanged it.

Tuesday  night I went and got a new Blackberry, swapping out the old one. I went through activation and transfer of minutes. Everything was working beautifully until this morning, almost the same amount of time the last phone was working fine, and then the Internet connection died and cannot be resurrected.

I'm frustrated beyond words at this point. I had a Blackberry for years and I love them. I did not want to switch over to a Droid powered phone, but it looks like I might have to. What could possibly be causing this issue?

Please use plain text.
cel7777
My Device: curve 9310

I know your pain I was on the phone for 3 hours the other night, and they still couldn't resolve the problem. probably with the same girl from India. I finally gave up and went the next day and traded for the same phone, and again my email worked for about a day and a half and quit working. I am now going to go back and get a samsung proclaim even though the battery life sucks at least I can recieve emails and send emails. I believe it has something to do with Straight Talks server or something it is just weird that both Blackberrys I had gotten done the same thing in the same time frame.

Please use plain text.