01-01-2014 07:48 PM
I recommend you first make a backup with desktop manager and the blackberry protect
Tell us also what is the version of OS you have installed.
To rule out another battery test and verify its operation not restart
01-01-2014 11:56 PM
Try reloading your software.
NOTE: back up your data first.
1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )
2. download the device software
3. install it on your computer.
4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)
5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER
6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.
7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.
8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.
9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "
that is the time for step 10.
10. put the battery back
and click on "Retry"
11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.
12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"
dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.
If the software reload will not resolve the proble then its hardware.