Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
StevenFoy
My Device: Curve 9320

Blackberry Curve 9320 - Dust in screen and will only charge on a certain angle

I have had the phone for 4 months now and already in the first week of using it I noticed that dust had started to come into the underside of the screen. Its on the left hand side near to the charger socket and also that little hole above it. I have no idea how dust can get into the screen but my friends have exactly the same phone and don't have a problem with it? What can I do to solve the dust problem? Also when I plug in the charger into the phone it will only charge on a certain angle! What is the problem? I thought Blackberry's were meant to be reliable and trustworthy but I don't think they are at all! I am truly disappointed in this product! A phone should be reliable without any problems at all! And I have only had it 4 months! Some please help me. Thanks, Steven

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 - Dust in screen and will only charge on a certain angle

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Devices designed, build, and operated by humans cannot expect to be 100% perfect. From what you describe, I'd deduce that you are simply the unlucky recipient of one of those defects -- but one defect (among millions) hardly rates something to be so negatively thought of, does it?

Now, if you've already sought formal help from your provider/reseller, then you may have cause for distrust. But, if this is your first attempt to resolve this unlucky situation, then I recommend you not try to fix this yourself...rather, head right down to your provider and insist on warranty-level evaluation and support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
miloraddjukic
My Device: curve 9320

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 - Dust in screen and will only charge on a certain angle

Same problem but dust is from the right side, after 7 days of using it. (Always in the leather case- from bold 9780). This is my 3rd BB and definatly the last one. I know that this is a cheap model but the quality is awful. I loved BB phones... (8520, 9780, 9320 is the worst one).
ronnie2013
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Dust under the screen of the 9320's is NOT a 'one in a million' situation. I'm on my second one in 3 weeks and both have had dust under the screen the first day. BB quality control is non existant, it's no wonder the company is struggling. This will be the last BB phone that I will ever own!