Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

LeoJo1998
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Blackberry Curve 9320 keypad and trackpad not working

So I have a Blackberry Curve 9320 and I accidently dropped it down the toilet. Both the water damage stickers (on my battery and on the actual phone underneath the battery) are red. So I put my phone in a bowl of rice in my airing cupboard for around a day and a half to dry it out (I also tried drying it a little with my hair dryer). Anyway, I charged it overnight and when I took the battery out then put it back in, it started up and the screen was working! Of course I was really exited, thinking it would work, only to realise the trackpad and and all keys/buttons are unresponsive. Is there anything I could try to get them to work again? Or if I took it to a phone shop would they be able to do anything? :/

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 keypad and trackpad not working

Hi and welcome to the forums

Using the rice was a smart move it's the best way to save a device.

Unfortunately not all parts can be salvaged the keyboard seems to be the least tolerant

with water damage.

I'd suggest talking to the techs at Horizon Wireless. Several of the experts on the forum myself included recommend them for excellent service and reasonable prices. You can either have it repaired or order the parts needed.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Horizon Wireless

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Curve 9320 keypad and trackpad not working

HorizonWireless is no longer in business as a cellular repair facility.

You might contact any local Vodafone dealer first for repair options.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code