Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
booliminator
My Device: blackberry curve 9330
My Carrier: verizon

Blackberry Curve 9330 MicroSD card cant be read.

Hi,

I have had my BlackBerry Curve 9330 for almost a year now, and suddenly today I got the error "Media Card Storage can not be accessed due to fatal errors"

I havent dropped my phone or gotten it wet.

I inserted the card into its USB adapter for my computer and tried to format it Fat, exFat, NTFS, and FAT in Cmd Prompt.

I hope my blackberry didnt break my MicroSD card...

Hopefully Someone can help fix this problem.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Curve 9330 MicroSD card cant be read.

Media cards fail. Your BB probably didn't cause it.

Were you able to format it? Your post doesn't say. If nothing will read it then there probably isn't anything anyone can do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
booliminator

Hi,

I did try and format it in my computer and windows could not format it.

Not to sound angry...but.

If it failed while in the blackberry, it was caused by the device.

If, for example, it failed in my old phone, it would have been caused by that device.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Using that logic, if you put a new stereo in your car and it fails, the failure was caused by the car. While the device could have caused the failure there is no way to know what caused it. Memory cards do fail due to defects in the cards. It does happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
booliminator

I agree with that logic completely.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You can believe it. It doesn't make it factual.

It doesn't matter. The card is dead. Replace the card. If the problem happens again then I'd jump on the bandwagon with you that the device is causing the failures.
Please use plain text.