Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Kathye
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: 7578164759

Blackberry Curve 9330

I'm unable to change my email account.  My device says that my User Name and Password are not valid.  I can't get past this screen.  How can I determine what my User/Login name and password are - it's been two years since I had to key this in.  After that I need to change my email address.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 9330

Hi Kathye

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Is that a used device or a new one , If your device is asking for the Username and password then you have to enter the same that you have set for the first time.

On your device homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID > are you able to login ? 

In addition please check this Knowledge Base :

KB28429 : "Please enter the username associated with this smartphone" appears when logging into BlackBerry App World with a BlackBerry ID using a BlackBerry 7 smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kathye
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: 7578164759

thanks for your response.  This is my original phone.  Clicking on Options> Device>  there's not selection for Blackberry ID, just Device and status Information.  All I want to do is change my email address so that I'm receiving emails from my new email address.  Going to Setup>Email Accounts (one already exist)>Internet Mail Account>User name (name is entered - password is entered -- Blackberry starts to connect and then after a minute it comes back and says wrong user or password.

Clicking on "forgot password" seems useless since there's nowhere for me to retrieve the email.

The wireless carrier wants to wipe the phone and start all over again.  A security wipe may be the solution.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Kathye

You must be login to BlackBerry ID on your device, and if you unable to access your BlackBerry ID , and also if your device prompts to enter the correct username and password then first do a backup of your device , then perform a handheld wipe or use BlackBerry Desktop Software or go through  the Knowledge Base suggested above.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.