Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360 OS 7
My Carrier: Curve 9360 OS 7 (bought it 6 months ago)

Blackberry Curve 9360 Cursor Button Doesn't Work.

Hi there! So my blackberry after every 3 months comes up with a new problem. This time it's the cursor button. So one day i was using the device and the button seem to have not working, i thought it was just a minor problem - maybe the device was jerking. But after using it throughout the day the button worked very rare. It work start working on a certain platform - example, BBM but if i go back to another platform it stops, and vice versa keeps happening. I did drop my phone facing screen a week ago this problem encountered.

I asked my brother to fix it and he concluded it was a software problem. Device was wiped off - New OS (7.0) was installed. But the same problem - it would start working on certain platform after numerous clicks and would stop if switched to another app/platform.

I have a lot of trouble browsing because of it. It has been 2 weeks now since i have been using my BB without the cursor button - alternating it with enter key.

I have found my solutions here previous times too. I hope i can found something about it.

P.S Cursor works perfect - but the button i.e when I click it nothing happens.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 Cursor Button Doesn't Work.

I would deduce, from what you've said, that your brother was not correct. Rather, the fall it experienced may well have damaged something. But, diagnosing that at an internet distance is not possible. Rather, you need a qualified BB technician to provide you an in-hand evaluation and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.