Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360: NO SERVICE - ''Searching for network..''

[ Edited ]

hirenladva wrote:

Do take this as a feedback for other 9380 phones.

Of course...but...perhaps you misunderstand these forums? These forums are not a formal channel for you to communicate with RIM or any other formal support place. Rather, these forums are a user-to-user community of folks trying to help each other out. Hence, while I can "take" the feedback, there's simply nowhere it will formally go from here.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I've got the same problem with Vodaphone, three different contracts same concern must be a problem with the phone surely?
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: digicel trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for these posts. I have the same problem. Hirenladva, did u manage to slove the problem? If so, how?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/9380-unable-to-get-3g/td-p/1748391
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi Anna,

The problem is still not solved.

I went to the authorised service center. They said they'll update the "software". When I asked "Which software?", they said they'll upgrade the O/S. I was surprised because this is a JUST launched device and should have the latest O/S in it! And to me, this is more of a hardware issue than a software one.

Anyways, They asked to me to try & test for a few days after the so-called upgrade. But the upgrade has made no difference to my phone.

Incidentally, there was another person there with the same problem in the same model and his phone was taken by the service center to be submitted to the "factory". I guess I too should submit and see if anything changes.

My hunch is that there's a hardware defect in the phone itself and I wish RIM can take the bold step to recall all these phones and replace the receptors with a better one.

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodacom

Just to inform you. I also have a 9360, 4 months old. It does the same, started literly overnight. my husband has a 9890 bold, no problems with his.

And just to say, no one fobbed me off, it is not the network. It is the phone. We have 4 different Network providers in SA, we literly inserted sim cards from all 4 networks, it does it with every one. And then we inserted the same sim cards into my husbands phone, and it worked fine. The technicians wiped my phone twice and it still does it, now they just say they do not know "why". My 4 month old under contract BB 9360 which i am still paying is literly a paperweight now.

Great technology aint it??????

Regards

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

I forgot to update on the thread here.

Eventually, I went to the Service Center again and they sent it to the "factory". After a week or so, I was told that the phone has been replaced. The new phone is working pretty well now. It was an issue with the phone.

I'm thankful to RIM/BB for replacing it.

Regards...

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Got the same problem here (NO SERVICE - ''Searching for network..''), with different SIMs, wiped the device and installed new software and still the problem exists...so it must be a hardware problem.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Mtc namibia

Hi benjie1337 i had the same problem, i later gave up on finding a solution and i just left the mobile on charge but with a sim inside next thing i received an sms through it and now its working fine

NB:   i flashed the mobile a few days back before this happend