Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KevzJD
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Blackberry Curve 9360 SOS

My Blackberry Curve 9360 is constantly on SOS, there is not one time that it gets a signal. I have tried different areas, different sims and I've had no luck. I've completely wiped the device and re-installed the OS but still no luck. Any Ideas??

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 SOS

Are you on a 9360 from TMobile? Or is this an unlocked device originally from another carrier? The reason I ask is that there is a chance that if it's from another carrier, it doesn't have the correct bands.

Try opening the Manage Connections tab and select Networks and Connections > Mobile Network. Change the Network Mode to 2G only. Does that help?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
KevzJD
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

The device is originally from Three but I've unlocked it so that i can use Vodafone. Even before I unlocked it there was problems with the signal being stuck on SOS and not picking up any signal.

In Mobile Network settings I can only change it to "3G/2G" or "3G Only". If i change my "Network Selection Mode" to manual it'll search for networks and always online find "O2 - UK - 2G X"

Any ideas?? Surely it must be a setting somewhere!

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Try reloading the software using the method described in the link below. Hopefully this will help:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!