Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mleach26
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

Blackberry Curve 9360 - Trackpad non responsive

Good Day to everyone.

I have an issue with a Blackberry curve 9360. General use of the device is fine, no issues.

The problem is with the trackpad becoming non-responsive in replying to an email, or creating an email and also creating or viewing a calendar appointment.

I have reloaded the latest version of the firmware, which for vodafone at least is 7.1 Bundle 2039.

This does bring back the correct functionality within emails and calendar appointments, however the same issues occurs approximately 4 to 5 weeks later.

Device Analyzer shows that the trackpad is working OK, which it does outside of replaying to emails or calendar appointments.

I'm think this is down to some software glitch within the firmware.

Out of around 200 blackberry 9360 I have where I work, I have seen this issue on approx. 9-11 units, a small number yes , but significant to become a problem

Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 - Trackpad non responsive

You might need to take in your device might get it swapped for another one if its a manufacturing defect.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi mleach26,

Check the below KB article -

• KB29640 Trackpad, trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry smartphone

If the ding above doesn't resolve the issue then you may consider replacing your trackpad. You can get them from amazon.com at a cheaper price.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
mleach26

Thanks for the ideas, I do not believe this to be a hardware issue though.

I think this is related to possible corruption of the firmware on the effected devices

True it is not happening on all the devices I support here (over 200) but as it only happens inside certain applications (email and calendar) I can only attribute this to the firmware itself.

Is there any way to contact RIM directly regarding this issue?

New Contributor
mleach26

I still have no permanent resolution to this issue, the trackpad works fine out side of replying to an email or making a new calendar appointment, this has happened 4 times on one device so I swapped the device out with a spare, now that one is showing the same symptoms, I'm sure this is related to the firmware on the device, anyone from Blackberry want to jump in and see if this issue is a known one?

wildwing
My Device: 9900

I'm doubt this is a permanent resolution but it's helped a few of my users, for now anyway.  I simply removed the battery and then put it back.  It's worked for a couple of people who have a 9360.  One of the other techs said this helped one person a few months back and hasn't heard back from him since.  They all have the latest OS for this model.

CMShearer
My Device: Curve 9360

Hi mleach26. My wife has owned three BB (9360) and everyone of them has had trackpad issues.

As a new-bee on the forum, I have been reading several posts regarding the trackpad problems. Very common! What I've learned from other's posts is that there are repair shops that can replace the trackpads for a reasonable price. (No one has said how much.) I'm going to take my wife's BB in for new trackpad.

Best of luck, CMShearer