Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ajanta
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN SA

Blackberry Curve 9360 - Water Damage

Hi there.

My blackberry phone has been damaged by water. It fell out of my shirt pocket during a storm and into a large puddle of water and mud and was subsequently driven over by several vehicles. I thought 'That's IT!!! My phone's BUSTED!!!' I'm surprised that after leaving it to dry out for three days, it still works!!! Albeit with a screen that has some distortion. 

Is there still a chance that my screen can be repaired??

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 - Water Damage

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You have been very lucky indeed...but...I recommend that you

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
XchezaX
My Device: blackberry 9360
My Carrier: orange

hello, sorry totally new to this posting stuff on here but i have a major problem.

i dropped my 9360 in a mop bucket  full of bleachy water!:No:  long story short- took battery out let it in a box of rice or about a week, put it on charge, still it didnt turn on or anything, so i just left it. til yesterday when i ordered a new lcd screen and a new battery thinking maybe if i replaced everything it will maybe work.... sooooooo..... ive put the new screen on put in the new battery and stuck it on charge, and it still doesnt work! does it mean its not gonna work no more? :'(

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

HI and Welcome to the Community!

Your suspicion is probably correct -- but providing a true diagnosis is impossible at an internet distance. In your situation, I'd recommend seeking out a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician to provide you with a proper diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.