Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
zantax
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Curve 9360 and 9320 Cursor issues...

Hi there I know there are a few threads on the BB Curve 9360 and 9320 having issues with there cursors getting stuck in certain fields of messages, texts, address book editing...etc.  People complain they can move the cursor around normally on the home screen open a message no problem scroll through the message but when they scroll up into the address field the cursor seems to freeze.  Swiping right or left a bit can free up the cursor and then it can move again.  This becomes very annoying in the address book when you edit an address and the first field that the cursor enters it gets stuck in and then when you move to the side then down it may or not move 1 field then get stuck again and again, making editing contacts a real pain in the butt.

The standard fix from everyone is, "Battery pull" well I am sorry this doesn't work, it is not a memory issue or multiple apps running in the backround either.  I have performed many battery pulls and as an IT Profesional with a company I have maybe a dozen people in my office right now that get this issue and it really ticks them off.  Removing there Otter Boxes is a real pain in the butt and time consuming when they want to try a battery pull so they are asking me why they can't get a phone that works, instead of these.

I have done some testing and turned on the cursor scroll click or audible alert for when you scroll.  I have then proceeded to get the cursor stuck, and when I swipe up or down I can still hear the clicks as if the cursor is moving but it stays in the field it was in, untill I swipe to the right or left and then down or up it will finally move the whole time hearing the sound of the input on the track pad.

To me this is not a hardware issue it is a software issue, Does Blackberry have a fix for this even a hotfix?  I hope someone has an answer for me.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jk1111
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 and 9320 Cursor issues...

Looking for a solution to the same problem. Multiple users experiencing this on the 9360 with the latest OS (v7.1.0.2257)

Please use plain text.
Dabou49
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Free

[ Edited ]

Hi !

Exactly same problem here with my Curve 9320. Same problem too for one of my colleague with the same model.

Is there a fix for this problem ?

Please let us know.

Regards

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jk1111
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

Has anyone tried loading an older OS to try to resolve this issue? Something pre 7.1?

Please use plain text.
Leontia
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Thank you for the fix - moving cursor to the right or left unfreezes the locked cursor.  Have you heard anything back on the problem from Blackberry Support?

Please use plain text.