Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Rontazuk
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 9360 faulty battery and now corrupt software

[ Edited ]

I have a Blackberry Curve 9360

Problem started as - Battery drained from full charge to nothing and switched phone off when use Browser or camera.

Phone calls/ Email / BBM / Texting all ok

Was told to try software update via Blackberry Desktop Manager

Tried this on my work laptop but it loaded all the Enterprise settings and restrictions that my company (British Telecom) use

This included deleting Blackberry App world and most of my apps

O2 got me to do a back up

Security wiped the phone

This removed the Browser icon

App world and Apps are still missing but they are visible when you look at the installed applications  via Options / Device/ Application Management

Email accounts are displayed when using the wizard, it accepts the passwords and then fails to remember the passwords and takes you back through the wizards again

Is there a way to do a complete format of the phone and start from scratch as doing the security wipe is obviously not enough to remove the Enterprise restrictions that were loaded from Blackberry App World

New Contributor
Rontazuk

Re: Blackberry Curve 9630 faulty battery and now corrupt software

[ Edited ]

OOPS should read 9360, but just managed to edit so now it reads ok

New Contributor
Rontazuk

Re: Blackberry Curve 9630 faulty battery and now corrupt software

[ Edited ]

As I was inundated with assistance I carried on googling.

I backed up contacts / calendar to Outlook

copied pictures / videos / music using drag and drop via My documents/My computer

Then restored to factory settings .

Some sites say that to do this you go to Options/Security/security Wipe but that just clears your data and not the software (which in this case was corrupt)

Factory Reset is holding down 3 buttons at the same time  Alt / aA (on right of Sym) / del

So yes you lose all the preferences / set ups and have to use Browser to get Blackberry App World again, once that is loaded, all the apps you used to have should be in the "uninstalled view" of Blackberry App World/ My World.

After setting it all up, I thought great, seems like battery problem was solved, an hour later it died.

My partner offered to lend me her battery, when we were swapping over I noticed my battery was very slightly fatter in the middle, mmm battery definitely on it's way out, time for a new one.

next problem then is to where to buy from, plenty of cheap ones on ebay but bound to be fake/second hand, oh well, keep looking.

Bye