Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nai4ety
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve 9360 freezing with clock every few minutes?!!

Hiya, 

I have the above problem with my BB C 9360. It does this when I have NO background applications running except the ever-present five - BBM, MSG, Calls, Browser (not in use! but it just sits there anyway -____-) and Home. There is no white screen behind the clock thingy but sometimes when it disappears a white creen flashes for, like, a second and then my BB starts frantically trying to do the stuff it was prompted to prior to freezing - it's frustrating and I'm worried - it's barely 2 months old!

I've looked through forums and stuff and everyone says its cos of the apps but I have only 1 extra app on my bb and I have actually deleted 2 of the apps it came with; ppl say it's because of full memory but I only have about 300 songs and 100 pictures on a 16MB Memory Card o___O

It started last week and gradually started from 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times every 5 MINUTES this morning, while I was trying to delete some msg's and using bbm :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

HELP :smileysad: I don't know what's wrong with it..

♫♪

New Contributor
Sammiejane71
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Blackberry Curve 9360 freezing with clock every few minutes?!!

mine did that and then the battery started to drain, i had to send it off for repair, they had to replace some parts of the phone

Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

in the Browser = options Clear Cache, clear the cache in any other apps that have a cache, also on the home screen hold ALT and press LG LG then optiions clear log. should speed it up and stop the freezing as much
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
JAKCave
My Device: curve 8310

Forgive my ignorance, but what is LG?

Super Contributor
craigashy

Hold ALT and press LGLG it will take you to the event log, press options(BB key) then scroll to clear log, delete
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
djrishbagga
My Device: curve 9360

the alt LGLG is also done cleared the log list still that small clock which shows after the pfone gets freezd doesnt go and its for every 2 to 3 min once 

my battery drains in about 5hrs 

whenever i get a call and after me recieving the call after another ring the call gets recieved 

and this is very irritating wat can i do abt this nw?

Super Contributor
craigashy

Then maybe your Application Memory is to low. You should save all media on your SD card. You could also try a clean OS reload
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
vincenteverts
My Device: bold 9000

Did you ever find a solution for your problem? I have the same problem. My BB freezes 20x a day for 30 seconds. 

No memory problems, not many apps (only whatsapp).

Vincent Everts

daddysapp
My Device: Curve 9300

The keys 'L' and 'G' twice while holding 'alt'
Super Contributor
craigashy

Using Apps such as WhatsApp on BBOS Legacy Devices will use up all your memory, WhatsApp especially is the worse for it.

BlackBerry OS 7.1 or older Devices, require a little maintenance, like a PC, clear the Cache in the Browser after use and the Cache in any other App that has one. To clear the Event Log, on the home screen hold alt and press lglg then options and clear log. (it will leave the top two in the Event Log).
Do this as other as you like or need to.

Also go into Setup and select Languages, Remove/Delete all other languages but keep the one you use, for example keep the English language and Remove all the others. Then Re-Boot, this will give you around 40/60+MB of Application Memory back.

Make sure you save all Media, Music, Photos, Videos etc etc are set and Saved to the SD Memory Card.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK