Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Curve 9380 is malfunctioning, menu options, message editing automatically opening

Hi agg_mayur

If you are able to download the OS for the same model as you have ? Then when you run Loader .exe make sure to remove all Internet connection from the PC .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agg_mayur
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Curve 9380 is malfunctioning, menu options, message editing automatically opening

Not the same OS version, I've downloaded the latest OS bundel. I'll try once again after diconnecting my PC from internet.

Mayur
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agg_mayur

Still not able to update my phone by using Loader.exe. After running loader.exe it's not showing any update to be install.

Is there any specific steps? What should I do now? Do I need to give my phone for servicing to BB service centre?

Mayur
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agg_mayur

Hi,

I gave my BB 9380 to BB service centre & they have upgraded the OS of my phone from 7.0 to 7.1.

For starting two days it worked fine but it again started malfunctioning or I should say it menu options are opening automatcially. I can send the video which I've captured but here I don't know how to upoad/send it.

Thanks

Mayur

Mayur
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi agg_mayur

What and how many third party Applications you had Installed on your device ,Have you Installed any new Applications  or have you restored your applications from the previous  Backup ? 

Please try to start your device on Safe Mode and see if that problem appear :

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

Let us know what happens.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agg_mayur

Hi Prince,

I've neither installed any new aplication nor restored the application from previous backup. I'll try your suggestion & will let you know.

Many Thanks,

Mayur

Mayur
Please use plain text.
Contributor
agg_mayur

Hi Prince,

I've tried your suggestion. I ran my phone in safe mode.

Same problem is still appearing. Without touching the phone applications are opening.

Only default applications are installed.

Thanks,

Mayur

Mayur
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi agg_mayur

If on Safe Mode also its appearing then I prefer wipe your device using BBSAK and reload the OS ,but please do it yourself ,remove any installed device OS from your PC then try this :

1.Download the OS  from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop  Telecom Serbia

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
agg_mayur

Hi,
I tried all 5steps n succeeded to install the updated os bundle. But problem still remain same. One thing is confirm that this not the problem of software only.
Mayur
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi agg_mayur

The OS pack I suggested is the most recent available for your device i;e 7.1.0.714.  if even after wiping and  Installing the recent device software your problem persist then yes its not a software issue but an hardware.

I suggest if your device is still under Warranty then please conatct your Service Provider and ask for replacement or Repair.Because we can't do anything if its an Hardware issue.

I hope you understand.

Prince

Please use plain text.