Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

nancyrogers
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve Bluetooth connection

I have a blackberry curve and recently had a Kenwood Bluetooth stereo installed in my vehicle.  There are about 5 steps to connect the phone to the stereo everytime I get in the vehicle. Do you know of a shortcut? I guess I assume that you would not have to reconnect each time you enter the vehicle. Please Advise.  Thank you for your time.

Nancy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
valleymitch

Re: Blackberry Curve Bluetooth connection

I am not positive but am kinda gizmo geek.  I hav ethe black berry curve and that happened the first time with mine.  I then wen back into the phone settings and turned on discoverable.  Go to manage connections and then click on bluetooth options.  Then click on discoverable.  That should solve it.  Provided you have paired the phone once successfully. 

Please use plain text.
nancyrogers

Thank you for relpying and I did check the phone per your instructions. That part seems fine. I think that it might be the kenwood stereo since it is so new on the market. 
Please use plain text.
jester703

The problem has nothing to do with your phone.  Your phone is fine.  This is a known problem with Kenwood's bluetooth.  They have recently released a firmware upgrade to their bluetooth devices.  Go to:

Http://www.kenwood.com/bt/information/eng160.html

There is a guide there for installation of the firmware into your bluetooth device.

Please use plain text.