Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Shafaqzehra
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Blackberry Curve Help Needed!!

Hey ,
This Is the very First Time I Posted in any Forum Specifically For My phone,
Its a Year Old,
I have a Blackberry Curve 3g
A Couple of days ago It Fell into the water,
I knew the tricks already to Dry it up n let it work n it did,
my keys stopped working and Display Screen was all wet(it worked Afterwards)
So the pRoblem RIGHT NOW 
is that NOW my browser Is not working i mean try open the browser Shortcut on my BB but it wont open
My internet is working fine i know that Cuz the apps are working fine when i try opening it in the BB apps like Facebook n twitter etc,
But Particularly Browser like In which we need To put the Whole URL is Not working at all,
plus i already Tried All the batteries in out methods and Desktop manager thing  is just it cant connect my BB to desktop manager(i reinstall it too without the Device connected)
is There any Solution that Can Help me Out???
Kindly Wanna Say Thanks Onto it ,
Waiting..............

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Curve Help Needed!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you only waited a "couple of days", then that was not enough...

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

It is completely possible that your BB is permanently damaged...but, at an internet distance, it's impossible to say with any level of certainty.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Shafaqzehra

well its not that Early its been almost more than Two weeks I said just slangly 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

The key is not how long it's been since the water damage, but how long you left it in the rice...the FAQ I provided recommends up to 5 days, and I always say to wait the max. Further, if it was not truly 100% dry inside, and you applied power in any way, then that could have further damaged it. And, like I said, it may be permanently damaged, but no one at an internet distance can give you such a diagnosis with any certainty level that is useful.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Shafaqzehra

okay well i already do put it in rice for 1 week without battery,
keys r fine now just the browser thing.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If, as you say, the "browser thing" is your sole issue, then I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see if the behavior continues. If it does not, then think carefully...besides the water damage, what else happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior does continue in SAFE mode, then a clean OS reload would be in order...if you require instructions, please do say so.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates