Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
flags1865
My Device: Curve 8310

Blackberry Curve Pass Word Keeper

I have a Blackberry Curve model 8310 Ver 4.2.2.170 on AT&T.

I am having trouble with my device as it keeps turning it self off and requiring rebooting.  If I purchase a new Blackberry from AT&T or other supplier can AT&T update my Password Keeper.

Also, can I access my Password keeper and phone information from the desktop manager.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Curve Pass Word Keeper

Hello,

The Device Switch Wizard would be useful in your circumstance:

• KB05421 What is the Switch Device Wizard
  • KB23677 How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

flags1865 wrote:

If I purchase a new Blackberry from AT&T or other supplier can AT&T update my Password Keeper.

You have to ask a human there if they'd be willing to do so. They "can" -- but as to if they "will" or not is a different question.

flags1865 wrote:

Also, can I access my Password keeper and phone information from the desktop manager.

Hmmm..."access" is a tough word. Probably not. The Desktop Software will backup your Password Keeper database, but the resulting file is of a proprietary format and only readable by the Desktop Software for restoration to a BB. There are 3rd party apps out there that can parse the backup file and present it in a "human readable" format...you should seek them out (a few seconds searching on Google will likely reveal to you many possibilities). I've no idea if any of them work correctly with that specific database, however.

Lastly, I recall some discussions here about issues with that specific database and all backup/restore/device switch processes...but I do not recall any specifics. You should search here on this site to find other discussions that are relevant.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.