Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Curve alarm does not go off because voice dialing is trying to connect

Someone please help me.  I have set my alarm with a custom ring tone and escalating, but it has not worked the last three days, where it had for the previous two weeks.  I have not changed any settings, so I am not sure what could have possibly happened.  Each day I wake up, thank God I have a backup alarm clock, and check my phone in the other room on the charger.  It is stuck on the voice dialing activation screen, which is very odd because I have voice dialing disabled.  Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong and how to fix it?  I would much rather wake up to the ring tone that I have chosen as opposed to a regular (and obnoxious) alarm clock.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

:smileyhappy:  Betsy 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Curve alarm does not go off because voice dialing is trying to connect

Hi and Welcome to the Forums,

If you haven't changed anything, it might be worth taking the battery out while the phone is on, wait thirty seconds and reconnect.

Test it and let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Curve alarm does not go off because voice dialing is trying to connect

I will try and let you know tomorrow morning what happens.  Thanks for the advice.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

It sounds like a software fault.

You need to download the latest version for your device from the carrier the phone was sold with.

Save the folder to your desktop, double click it to install it your computer. (can take 40 mins to download)

Then you connect up the blackberry and using the program called application loader,(which is built into the desktop manager program that came on the cd) push the new software to the device. Ensure when you see an 'advanced' box, you click into it, to check both check boxes to remove all current installed software.

Here is a list of software carrier sites:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/do ... _sites.jsp

And Also

Use BlackBerry Application Loader to install BlackBerry Device Software

Good Luck and let us know how you go..

9/10 times this is a software fault.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Bifocals wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Forums,

If you haven't changed anything, it might be worth taking the battery out while the phone is on, wait thirty seconds and reconnect.

Test it and let me know!

Doesn't have to be thirty seconds, just as long as it is turned ON and Not connected to anything (cable etc)

First thing they teach you in RIM school.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Thank for the info, I didn't go to RIM school. Just using the old pc/router time.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter